Director of Marketing and Communications
You may apply for this position by emailing a cover letter and resume to Ryan Rosenbaum, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
The Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce (MCCC) is one of the oldest chambers in the state of Pennsylvania (est 1912). We have nearly 400 member Companies representing over 5 dozen industries in 70+ zip-codes. A majority of the members are located in the south and central regions of the county.
We offer a plethora of programs and services that help us advocate, educate and engage members. This includes 30+ events a year. These events are designed to help our members interact online and in person. Some of these events are for networking purposes and enhances the outreach into the community. We also have multiple events with local, regional and national legislators to help improve the livelihoods of our members.
This individual will be a key member of our team, as our staff is very small. The coordination and level of communication are paramount to this job’s success. Our offices are located in a historic building in King of Prussia (easy to find and a few short blocks from the largest mall in America). This role would require a work schedule of around 3 days a week (roughly 17-18 hours each week). There is a possibility for more work as we get into 2022. The employee will ease into a schedule that will begin with a short period of working in our office 3X a week, but in a few months this individual will take on a more independent schedule of 1 day a week in the office and 2 days a week work from home.
- Managing our Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter). This includes uploading content, responding to member engagement, tagging, distributing information through these multiple channels, monitoring, organizing.
- Oversight of our E-Marketing Campaigns (Currently utilizing Constant Contact) but may be changing in 2022. This oversight includes composing and circulating our weekly E-News, updating our subscriber list, editing and design.
- Updating the chamber website. We are currently utilizing an opensource site, but this individual will be our key staff member as we transition to a more comprehensive website in January, 2022. The current site requires updating information, uploading of events, inserting photo slides, imputing key information, navigating the blog.
- Designing Marketing Collateral- This job will require the staff member to create fliers for events, signage for events (we have vendors that we utilize for the production side). Creating unique program booklets for major events, upkeeping our logo and color schemes, design letterhead, etc.
- Event Coordination- In conjunction with the Executive Director, we will seek a staff member to help set up our table at special events, create name tags, create registration lists, coordinate with special guest speakers.
- Coordinating with media inquiries: Developing Media Contact Lists
- Be the Staff Liaison for our Marketing Committee
Oversee Marketing Interns as needed
Communications Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of communications experience required.
- Above average Editing and Proofreading skills.
- Experience developing strategic communications materials that incorporates key messaging, positioning, and competitive differentiation.
- Working with non-profits is a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint; and all types of social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.)
- Technology savvy
- Experience utilizing Adobe InDesign or similar programs. Also experience with WordPress and Opensource sites
- OUTGOING Personality- This job requires a lot of communication with staff, board, members, legislators, media, and stakeholders. This characteristic can not be overstated. Having an individual who exudes joy and friendliness can be very vital in this role. If you are timid this may not be the right role for you.
Some other notes about the job:
This organization is active and busy. This job may require you to be flexible and nimble to handle several tasks at the same time. We are also driven by deadlines. This job can also be a really fun and rewarding job. Very good honest people working hard to achieve big goals here. If this sounds interesting, reach out to us with a resume and introductory cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Employee will have their own office. Offices are cleaned professionally each week. Everyone working here has been vaccinated.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Digital Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Marketing: 2 years (Required)
- Multiple locations