Here are 6 things you can do to support your immune system:
1. Go outside every day. Even in all this rain. All of your family needs to get fresh air for at least 15 minutes every day.
2. Get your rest. A minimum of 6 hours/night. 8 is optimal. Kids need more. Keep the same schedule you had before all this started. That shouldn’t be a problem with kids. They need regimen.
3. Exercise at least 25 minutes/day. This is best when you combine it with #1. Something as simple as walking will do.
4. Vitamin C. 1000mg 3-5 times/day for adults, 500 mg 2-3 times/day for kids. (Whole foods sourced.)
5. Vitamin D. 2-5000 IUs/day for adults 500 for kids. This will be helped by being outside. (Whole foods sourced.)
6. Water. This should be #1. It is estimated that 80% of Americans are clinically dehydrated. The rule is, 1/2 your body weight in ounces daily. If you weigh 100 lbs, drink 50 ozs of water. If you drink coffee or soda, you will need to drink more water. Same if you sweat a lot from moderate to heavy exercise.
I am not saying this will prevent you from getting Corona Virus. Ultimately, we all need to get it so we can develop a natural immunity to it, but what this will do is support your immune system so that you will have favorable outcomes if and when you do get CV or any other illness.
Feel free to call me with any questions.
Enjoy this beautiful day.
Dr. Steve Fleisher
Everybody’s Chiropractic and Wellness