Job Title: Financial Manager
Make a Difference for Children. Mission Kids Child Advocacy Center: A Place of Healing and Justice for Child Abuse Victims is seeking a full-time Financial Manager. Mission Kids is a nonprofit organization with a drive to achieve healing and justice for victims of justice by providing collaborative services, advocacy, leadership and education. To learn more please see our website at www.missionkidscac.org.
Great Team. For the past decade, Mission Kids has been a leader in the field to protect and heal our most vulnerable children. The staff have an unyielding commitment to their clients, as well as each other. Staff are drawn to Mission Kids because of their commitment to the mission; but stay because of the organization’s investment in them.
Great Work Environment and Benefits. Mission Kids provides a supportive, collaborative work environment that focuses on the growth and development of employees. Great benefits package includes generous paid time off, self-care activities, employee appreciation activities, 403b match, and a great health/dental/vision plan.
The Perfect Candidate has the ability to be responsible for preparing asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information. The Financial Manager documents financial transactions by entering account information and recommends financial actions by analyzing accounts at Mission Kids (MK). We are seeking a candidate with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and five years’ experience; Master’s degree a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of a growing not for profit service organization
- Self-development, workshops and other experiences to demonstrate drive for continuing education
- Ability to complement and provide excellence in the workplace · Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural competence
- Strong data analysis skills and collaborative, team building work style
- PC proficient including advanced knowledge of Word for Windows and Excel, PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge and Quickbooks data base functions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; presentation experience helpful
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have or be able to pass PA State Police, PA Childline and Federal fingerprint screenings
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Prepares and maintains general ledger transactions including revenue recognition, cash receipts, customer invoices, vendor payments, bank and investment reconciliations, account reconciliations, payroll, fixed asset management, etc. in an accurate and timely fashion in accordance with GAAP accounting standards and internal control policies and procedures
- Responsible for all aspects of payroll and related accounting
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports. Report financial position compared to budget to Board of Directors
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Assists in budget creation and fiscal reporting of Grants
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
- Assists outside auditors with the annual audit
- Facilitates the annual worker’s compensation audit; prepares and files annual 1099s and 1096
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Mission Kids does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin(ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Mission Kids is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: Our goal at Mission Kids is to keep staff, kids and parents safe. We do this through: work remotely as much as possible, staying home when ill, social/physical distancing, wearing face masks, and cleaning workspaces and high touch areas frequently.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org