The Montgomery County Foundation, Inc. is seeking a part-time Accountant. The candidate must have a passion for the nonprofit sector. The Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit community foundation. The Foundation is enhancing its software capabilities and in need of a person with superior computer skills as we transition to the new accounting and CRM, etc. system.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills and a working knowledge of community foundation complexities.
- The position will include administrative functions, including finance/accounting, donor interaction, investment reports, Fund reports
- Timely and accurate execution of accounting functions, including but not limited to payables, receivables, credit card and bank reconciliations, employee expense reporting, and working collaboratively with our Accounting firm.
- Tracking of Fund distributions, contributions and quarterly reports to the donors. managing banking, internal controls and other fiscal matters
- Routinely reconcile the accounting system with the donor magagement system. Manage grants and grant award budgets
- Manage employee benefits, with external vendor support, including insurance, retirement, etc.
- Provide support for website, event registration, payment, crm, e-mail communications.
- Integrate the Foundant components
- Candidate should be committed to the nonprofit sector, to collaboration and working together with a small staff. Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines as well as establish priorities and exceptional attention to detail. Candidate must have exceptional computer skills and willingness to learn Foundant Community Suites.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Excel, Word, Power Point and ability to quickly learn new software.
- BA/BS in finance or accounting with work experience
- Familiarity with National Standards for Community Foundations.